Mango Lemon Bars
Need to end your summer meal on a sweet note? Try this easy wholesome recipe filled with fiber, vitamins, and protein as sweet treat for your family. With this gluten-free and vegan Mango Lemon Bars recipe from Anna at HealthySimpleYum, you will swear they are from your favorite ice cream shop. All you need are a few simple ingredients and our Rolled Oats.
- 2 cups mango chunks
- 1 can whole fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1–2 lemons, juiced
- 1 –2 tsp turmeric (optional*)
- 1/4 cup granola (optional for topping)
- 2 cups of Bakery on Main Rolled Oats, blended
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 5 dates, soaked and pitted
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix ground flaxseed with water and allow flax egg to form (3-5 minutes). Soak dates in hot water for 10 minutes.
- Create oat flour by blending the oats in a blender until fine flour forms.
- Add walnuts to a food processor and blend until crumb-like texture forms.
- Add oat flour, soaked dates, flax egg, and salt to the processor. Process until a dough forms. If it does not appear to be dough use your hands to form it and if it sticks, you did it!
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper to remove the bars easier when they are done. Add dough to the loaf pan. Use your hands to press down, then use the back of a spatula to flatten it out. Set aside.
- Add mango chunks to a blender, along with coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour over crust and add crumbled granola. Freeze overnight or for a minimum of 5 hours.
- When ready to serve, defrost for 20-30 minutes before eating. Enjoy!
This is how your crust should look like right after you finish processing it:
The crust should form into a dough when pressed together with your hands like so: