It’s the start of the new year and our friend Nutti Nelli baked some delicious Breakfast Biscotti that we had to share! We know how busy life can get and how breakfast is often skipped or neglected, so we wanted to share the right recipe for those that are constantly running out the door in the morning! These are easy to prep for the week and go perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. With only 6 ingredients total and the help of our delicious Bunches of Crunches Granola, you can whip up these delicious Breakfast Biscotti in no time. These biscotti are completely plant-based, vegan, and gluten-free for everyone to enjoy.
Ingredients (12-14 biscotti):
- 1 c Flour (gluten-free, all-purpose, whole wheat, your preference)
- 1 ½ c Brunches of Crunches Granola, blended
- 2 Flaxseed Eggs (2 Tbsp Flaxseed + 5 Tbsp Water)
- ½ c Almond Milk
- ¼ c Coconut Oil (refined)
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and prep baking sheet pan (13in x 18in) with parchment paper, silicon baking mat, or oil.
- Using a blender, blend the granola. Blend according to your preference on how “chunky” you prefer the granola in the biscotti.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal with water to create the flaxseed egg. Stir mixture and let this sit for 5 minutes to thicken.
- In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients (Flour, blended Granola, Baking Powder, Salt).
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt and warm-up Coconut Oil.
- In a large bowl combine wet ingredients (Coconut Oil, Almond Milk, Flaxseed Egg).
- Slowly add the dry ingredient mixture to the wet ingredient mixture. Mix until a dough ball is formed, and no dry ingredients remain. May need to add 1-2 Tbsp of Almond Milk if dough is dry and falling apart.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet. Form a long “loaf” looking figure about ½-inch thick.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and slice biscotti into 1-inch thick pieces. Place back onto the baking pan on the sliced side. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until firm. Then flip the biscotti and bake for another 10-15 minutes, until firm. The longer the biscotti bake, the crunchier.
- Place biscotti on a cooling rack. You may decorate with powdered sugar or icing (1/2 c Powdered Sugar + ¼ c Almond Milk).
- The longer you bake the biscotti the more crunchy they become.
- Blend the granola to the consistency you prefer. If you want it more chunky, then blend the granola less.
- Use refined coconut oil to prevent the taste of coconut! Other oils are fine but be aware that it may alter the taste if you use a strong-tasting oil (ex: Olive Oil)